Park and gardens
The Museum Garden offers an impressive overview of traditional and often very rare fruit and vegetable species, linked to various ingenious pruning shapes, the so-called espaliered fruit. The garden also includes the early baroque walled French garden with its double staircase and panoramic view of the castle.
- Open from 1 May to 31 October 2017, daily from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm (in October until 5.00 pm), the garden is closed on Monday, on 5 September and on 9 September from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm
- Tickets are for sale at the castle reception and cost 3 euro per person. For under-18s and students and their supervisors, tickets cost 2 euro per person; and for children under the age of 7 and those accompanying persons with a disability, admission is free. You can buy the combi-ticket at the castle reception for 13 euro. It gives you admission to the castle and the museum garden.
- Attention! If you want to visit both the castle and the museum, you should allow at least three hours for this (last visit at 3.30 pm, in October at 2.30 pm).
Gaasbeek Castle lies at the heart of an extensive park (49 hectare) that was laid out in the seventeenth century already. It has both impressive avenues and narrow winding paths. It probably has the tallest beech trees in Belgium!
As you walk you will come across several historical buildings that are connected to the Castle: the Chapel of St Gertrude with the altarpiece by Gerard Seghers, the baroque pavilion with its unique stucco ceiling, the neo-Gothic barn, the octagonal pavilion or gunpowder magazine, the classicistic triumphal arc that was constructed in honour of Napoleon, and the former porter's house (currently Graaf van Egmond brasserie). The domain also has three large lakes.
An ideal spot to relax!
- The park is open everyday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (from 1 November to 31 March until 5 p.m.).
- The park is managed by the Agency for Nature and Forests. For more information, please contact: T. 00 32 (0)2 454 86 35 or anb(a)vlaanderen.be.
Attention! The park is closed during stormy weather!