Park and gardens
The Museum Garden offers an impressive overview of traditional and often very rare fruit and vegetable species, linked to various ingenious pruning shapes, the so-called espaliered fruit. The garden also includes the early baroque walled French garden with its double staircase and panoramic view of the castle.
More information on: https://www.natuurenbos.be/museumgarden
- Standard: € 5
- Concessions: € 4
students / European Youth Card under 26
visitors Botanic Garden Meise
Fedplus (max. 2 persons)
staff members of the Flemish Community (on presentation of personnel badge)
supervisors of disabled
- Combi-ticket castle and museum garden: €13 /€12 (concession)
- Open from 20 May to 31 October, daily from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm (in October until 5.00 pm), the garden is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Tickets are for sale at the castle reception.
- Due to the COVID-19 measures, reservation is obligatory. Please find all the precautions and practical information here.
- Attention! If you want to visit both the castle and the museum garden, you should allow at least three hours for this (last combined visit at 3.30 pm, in October at 2.30 pm).
- More information and guided visits: https://www.natuurenbos.be/museumgarden
Gaasbeek Castle lies at the heart of an extensive park (49 hectare) that was laid out in the seventeenth century already. It has both impressive avenues and narrow winding paths. It probably has the tallest beech trees in Belgium!
As you walk you will come across several historical buildings that are connected to the Castle: the Chapel of St Gertrude with the altarpiece by Gerard Seghers, the baroque pavilion with its unique stucco ceiling, the neo-Gothic barn, the octagonal pavilion or gunpowder magazine, the classicistic triumphal arc that was constructed in honour of Napoleon, and the former porter's house (currently Graaf van Egmond brasserie). The domain also has three large lakes.
An ideal spot to relax!
- The park is open everyday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (from 1 November to 31 March until 5 p.m.).
- The park is managed by the Agency for Nature and Forests. More information: www.natuurenbos.be/kasteelparkgaasbeek or anb(a)vlaanderen.be.
Attention! The park is closed during stormy weather!